Friday, June 19, 2009

Out and About at 2 weeks

Yesterday Karsen turned 2 weeks old! Boy is time really flying!

Since Tim had to go back into his office instead of working from home, Karsen and I went on a day trip to Redmond to visit Grandma Dana and Grandpa Brad.

We had a bit of a late start on the day since someone wasn't too happy about getting into his carseat, but once he gets in the car and we start moving, he's out like a light.

We got to my parents' house and waited for my sister Tori to get home from school so that we could go pick up some lunch. She held him for a little while and of course he started to get a bit fussy. She always starts to freak out a bit when he passes some gas or starts to cry. The look on her face is always hilarious!

Tori is freaking out here because Karsen is crying:

We then ordered lunch from our one of our family's favorite places - Acapulco Fresh - and headed out to pick it up. We then took our lunch to my dad's shop to eat and also to see my dad.

Karsen's first chip? Haha!

We also had to get a picture of Karsen with Robert who works at the shop because they share the same birthday!

Wow I'm in a picture!

My dad was so funny taking Karsen around the shop! Maybe Karsen will one day like cars just as much as his grandpa!

Standing under a car:

Sitting on the hood of a Mercedes Benz:

Getting under the hood of a car:

Holding his first screwdriver:

After hanging out at the shop, my mom, Karsen and I headed to Target so that I could pick up a few things, since I hadn't been to a store since before Karsen was born. I was a bit scared about the adventure to Target because Karsen had been sleeping pretty much the entire time we were at the shop and I just knew that it was only a matter of time before he woke up and started crying.

Luckily our trip to Target was very peaceful! We just kept him in his carseat and put the carseat into the shopping cart and he just kept on sleeping. He probably thought he was still in the car haha! At one point I had to try some things on and my mom had to keep walking around with the cart and Karsen because when she would stop, he would start to stir. The only thing disappointing about the trip was that I didn't get any pictures of Karsen's first visit to a store. :(

On our way back to my parents' house, we had to stop at the shop again to drop something off that my mom had gotten at Target. It may have been the demise of our trip because Karsen started to wake up and just as I was about to pull out of the parking lot into traffic, he started screaming! My mom jumped out of the front seat real quick and into the back to hopefully help calm him down. Luckily it only took a few minutes for her to get him to quiet back down so that we didn't have to hear him screaming the entire 10 minutes to my parents' house - it breaks my heart to hear him crying like that, especially when I can't really do anything about it.

Overall we had a fun day out and about. A BIG thank you to my mom for going with us to Target (which is one of the main reasons I ventured out of the house), I wouldn't have been able to do it alone!

Love, Michaela

No comments: