Friday, July 24, 2009

Crab and Bees

Wednesday was my sister Dani's 23rd birthday and to celebrate we went to my parents' house for a crab and steak dinner. Karsen was even dressed for the occasion with a crab on his shirt, bib and socks...hehe.

What a crab!
My sisters having fun with Karsen and crab claws:
After dinner Dani opened her presents. The best part was when she opened the present from my brother Brandon, my cousin Blake and my aunt Deb because the boys spent quite a bit of time wrapping it.

The box underneath the Christmas wrapping paper:
Inside the big box....another box!
More to unwrap in the second box:
Still unwrapping:
Finally getting to the present - a giftcard to Target (and Tic Tacs):
I love how it was such a huge box at the beginning for a giftcard! Haha! Thank you to Auntie Em for getting the pictures for me!

Auntie Em caught me and Karsen watching Dani open her gifts:
Karsen wasn't such a happy boy for part of the night, even after feeding him. It may have been too warm for him or maybe he was just too overwhelmed with all the people and everything going on.

Karsen being fussy while Blake held him - but I love his face!
Being fussy for me and refusing his pacifier:

The highlight of the night was the fiasco with the bees. A bees hive was discovered right outside one of the kichen windows, under the eave. My dad sprayed the bees and they started coming into the house, which is when the entertainment began.

The bees started coming into the house thru the light closest to the window, so my mom and Auntie Em covered that light. The bees then just came thru other lights, haha:
My dad pulled out the vacuum to get rid of the bees that came into the house and Brandon and Blake tested their quick moves to catch the bees - which was very entertaining!

Brandon getting prepared for battle:
Brandon's face was very animated while he chased the bees. The bee is in the top left corner; and yes he got it!
Blake took his turn at capturing the bees and also succeeded:
Blake proud of his achievement:
They must have sucked up about 7 or so bees with the vacuum while we were there. After Tim, Karsen and I left to go home, my mom told me they caught 8 to 10 more!

What a memorable birthday celebration for my sister!
Happy Birthday Dani! I love you!

Love, Michaela

No comments: