Monday, July 20, 2009

Consignment Sale

On Friday Karsen and I were invited to go to a children's consignment sale called Cute as a Button with the Brooks family. I had never been to one before but thought it sounded like something fun to do.
It was at one of the local elementary schools and it was nothing but moms and young kids there, but I guess that figures for a children's sale and also because it was during the day on Friday when most people are at work.

We found a couple of fun things to buy like some sleepers (size 6mos) and a water repellent blanket for going to the beach (Hawaii for Thanksgiving!!). The highlight of the event was probably the vendor booths that they had setup along one of the walls. One lady makes dresses for little girls out of pillow cases that are super cute and another lady makes tutus but there was one lady who does photography and she had a mock studio setup and was taking pictures of the kids for free. Karsen was asleep in the stroller and I didn't want to wake him up so I didn't think he was going to get his picture taken, but our friend Kai did. After shopping around for awhile, Karsen woke up and wasn't fussy so I thought we would try to get some photos taken.

There were some other moms who were watching and everyone kept saying how cute Karsen is and someone said that I was really pretty and should have my picture taken too. Lately I haven't really enjoyed getting my picture taken, but at least I had makeup on that day, so I jumped in for a few photos with Karsen.

The photographer was really nice and made us feel comfortable. As soon as she sends me the pictures via email, I will be sure to post them - I can't wait to see them!

The photographer:Karsen's first professional photo shoot:
It was a really nice day out and really hot, so while we waited for Tiffany to pay for her things, we hung out in the covered play area right outside with Kai and his grandparents.

Kai was really interested in Karsen:

Afterwards we decided to go get some lunch at a deli in town and we ate outside to enjoy the nice weather. Kai was still really intrigued by Karsen and was even sweet enough to give him a kiss! It was so cute!



Karsen had been such a good boy all day and started to get a little fussy while we were eating, luckily I brought a bottle for him! I fed him while we watched Kai run around - I can hardly wait for those days! Ha!



Kai had a pickle that he ran around with and it probably touched everything!
And Kai's lunch meal came in a fireman's hat! How cool is that?!

It was a fun day! Thanks to the Brooks family (Tiffany, Kai, Linda & Bonny) for inviting us!

Love, Michaela

No comments: