Monday, August 17, 2009

Tummy Time Surprise

I'm behind again in blogging...ahhh!
Anyway, last Tuesday (August 11th) I woke up when Karsen started to stir around 6:30 AM and realized that he had slept for 8 and a half straight hours! Woo-hoo! (He has since slept anywhere from 7.5 to 8.5 hours every night.)

That afternoon I laid out Karsen's playmat so that he could have a little tummy time. At first he started out on his back with his head on his little Boppy pillow and we were playing with the mirror.

I thought this picture was cute and funny:

Then I put him on his tummy to work on his neck and head strength. He likes being on his tummy most of the time and will make really cute cooing sounds while he's looking around. He's also really good at using his arms to hold up his shoulders in what they call a mini push-up.

Here are a few pictures of him on his tummy holding his head up:

While Karsen was on his tummy, he all of a sudden rolled over to his back! I was so surprised as I didn't think he would roll over for at least another month of so. Luckily the video camera was nearby, so I put him back on his tummy and waited for him to do it again!

Here's the video of Karsen rolling over for the second time ever (the clip is a little long but I promise he does roll over in it!):

I'm so proud of my little boy! And I can't believe how fast he is growing up! Before I know it, he's going to be walking and talking! (I guess when that happens that will mean it's time to have another baby! Haha! :-P)

Here is the big boy, happy after his accomplishment!

Love, Michaela

No comments: