Thursday, August 6, 2009

Blueberries

I'm a little behind in blogging...ok I'm more than a week behind! But I do have lots to blog about, starting with last Tuesday (July 28th) during the week of the heat wave.

Last summer I planted a blueberry bush that only produced about 3 good berries, but this summer it produced a ton!!

Look at all those berries!
This was the biggest cluster of berries on the bush:

It was still really warm outside even though it was about 7PM, but the boys enjoyed hanging out in the yard: Karsen wanted to help pick the berries:
Karsen showing off all the berries we picked that day:

It was nice to be outside for a bit when it wasn't blazing hot, especially since we had been couped up in the house all day trying to keep cool. Plus Karsen really enjoys being outdoors...he's such a boy!

There are still more berries ripening on the bush that I will pick when they are ready. I'm hoping to get enough to make blueberry jam, but if not I will just make lots of blueberry muffins!

Love, Michaela

No comments: