Monday, August 31, 2009

A Somber Thursday

For Karsen's 11 week birthday (on Thursday, August 21st), we went to a memorial service for my grandfather's cousin, Ron Erickson. (You can read his obituary here.) This was actually Karsen's second funeral and he's not even 3 months old yet!
The first memorial we went to was on July 6th for my dad's uncle, Tom Smart. (You can read his obituary
here.)
It was just Karsen and I who went, as the service was held while Tim was at work. We actually picked up my mom and then met my dad there.

After the service, we went over to the burial site, which also happened to be in the same cemetary that my grandma is buried. After the service at burial site for Ron, the 4 of us went over to Grandma LaRue's grave.

Tried to get a picture of 4 generations - Karsen was hungry and turning his head in search of food:
3 generations (please don't judge my hideously white legs!):
On a brighter note, Karsen recently discovered his hands and enjoys bringing them up to his face and sucking on them. There have been times that I have woken up to the sound of him sucking on his hands - he's a loud sucker!

Still more posts to come...

Love, Michaela

No comments: