Monday, August 10, 2009

The Cabin

I'm really REALLY behind in my blogging and to be honest I don't have a good excuse. I guess you could call it laziness, or tiredness, take your pick.

Anyway, 2 Sundays ago (August 2nd), we went up to my family's cabin at Alpental in Snoqualmie Pass. It was just me, Tim, Karsen and my parents. The main goal of the day was to get some projects done, or started, in preparation for the upcoming winter season when the cabin gets used the most. I wasn't much help, if at all, because I was on baby duty, but Tim was able to help my parents work on the front balcony that needed painting and pieces replaced. I actually don't really know exactly what they were doing, except my mom was painting pieces and at some point Tim's legs were dangling off the balcony, which is on the second story.

It was Karsen's first trip up to the cabin and I'm sure there will be plenty of more to come, especially around the holidays. While we were there my mom and I had a little fun taking pictures of Karsen with some of the decor.

Karsen by the ram head hanging above the fireplace on the main floor:

Riding one of the reindeer's by the fireplace: I think his facial expression is hilarious in this one:

I love going up to the cabin, it's just so peaceful and relaxing to be up there no matter what time of year it is. I can't to go up there with Karsen in the winter to play in the snow! :-)

Love, Michaela

No comments: