Saturday, September 12, 2009

Back to the Grind

So I made it thru my first week back at work, not that I wasn't expecting to or anything. But it was hard.

The first day was definitely the hardest! I cried the entire way on my drive to work in Seattle from my parents' house in Redmond. I knew I would cry so I didn't put my make-up on until after I had parked my car at work.

It was a little strange to be back at work but as the day went on it almost felt like I never left. And it also seemed like my life was before Karsen and getting pregnant, just because I didn't have him with me and I didn't have a huge belly either. But I still thought about him ALL day!
Luckily we have cell phone cameras that allow me to see him during the day!

I took this one with my phone the first morning that I dropped Karsen off with my mom and sent it to Tim.
My mom sent this one to me the first morning. The caption read: "Already peed on grandma. hence the new outfit. love Karsen"
Tim sent this one to me after he had picked Karsen up and brought him home on the first day. The caption read: "Dreaming of mom coming home!"
I took this one on the second morning and sent it to Tim. The caption read: "Activity center at Grandma's"
My mom sent this one to me the morning of the second day. The caption read: "Hey mom, just woke up from a nap and wanted to say HI. love karsen"
Later on the second day, I got a text from my brother asking for my email address to send me a video. At first I thought it was going to be one of those funny videos that get sent around by email. What I got was WAY better! Thanks Brandon!

Here's the video of Karsen that Brandon took with his iPhone:



On Thursday morning (the third day), Karsen and I were running a little late because he hadn't slept that well the night before. When I went to get him ready, he was still sleepy so I decided to keep him in his pj's and just give my mom his outfit for the day to change into later. It was a good thing that I did it that way...

First I took this picture and sent it to Tim with the caption: "Still in my pjs!"
After I took that picture, my mom turned him around and said that she thought he felt wet.
This is what I saw:
He had pooped so much that it went up his back and all over the back of his pjs! I had to lay him on the changing pad on his tummy so that we didn't get poop everywhere! Like I said, it was a good thing that he was still in his pjs and was going to change into other clothes anyway!

I took that picture and sent it to Tim with the caption: "Blow out!"
His response: "Holy crap! :)" (Ok so he actually used the 's' word instead of crap but I don't want to use swear words on my blog.)

By the time Friday came I was so ready to stay at home with my little boy all day! Three days of work this week was hard enough, but next week I have to do four! Thank goodness I get Fridays off tho! :)

Maybe one day I will get to be a stay at home mom, but until then at least Karsen is with his grandma!

Love, Michaela

1 comment:

Renee said...

This posting made me laugh for multiple reasons. :) I love the poop picture and the video was oh so cute!