Friday, May 29, 2009

40 weeks and counting

Check out the baby timer on the right - it says 0 days, meaning today I am 40 weeks pregnant. Yep, today is my official due date. But still NO baby!

We had a doctor's appointment this afternoon and the first thing the doctor said when he walked into the room was, "I have NO idea why you are STILL pregnant!" HA! Well that makes two of us doc!

He checked me and I was hoping for some progress in the dilation department, but no I'm STILL only 1cm dilated! And he said that when he felt the baby's head, it felt like it floated up a bit, meaning that he's not totally engaged down yet. What is wrong with this child?

It was close to 90 degrees today and being this pregnant in the heat is NOT fun! I wonder if I'm really in for it with this boy if he's already starting stuff like this from inside the womb! Oh boy...

So I had to make yet another appointment for next week, and hopefully next time we will talk about induction if I'm still pregnant at that point. I'm REALLY hoping that we won't make it to the next appointment because Karsen will have decided to come by then. But honestly I'm starting to doubt that, as my appointment next week is on Wednesday instead of our usual Friday because the doc will be out of the office on Friday.

And for those of you who having been thinking that tomorrow would be an awesome birthday for my baby, I don't think it's going to happen! And I couldn't be more thrilled! (For those that don't know, tomorrow, May 30th, is Tim's birthday.)

Anyway, for those who may be curious as to what a 40 weeks pregnant Michaela looks like, here you go:

The ladies at the front counter at the doctor's office did say that I looked really good for being 40 weeks pregnant - which is always nice to hear! :)

Hopefully I can post about the baby arriving soon!

Love, Michaela

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You look so good! I have AC at my house if you want to cool off from the heat!